View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #5038
Ashikabi
Senior Member
 
Ashikabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Northwest Iowa
Posts: 7,359
Thanks: 454
Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,950 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I can not stop at a store or get gas without at least one person asking me what the car is and everything about it. Since I am neither shy nor introverted and am rarely in a hurry to go anyplace I usually stop and chat long enough to explain. I bet I have talked about the car to 600 or more random strangers. I would certainly know if people read the Prius badges.
I know it seems odd to some people but Scion only arrived in my city in 2013 so all versions a scarce. Also need to consider that they only bring a couple of thousand FRSs into Canada a year and most of those go to the bigger centers so many have never seen one before and have no clue at all what it is. I bet there are more of them in California then all of Canada put together. I can go months without spotting one on the streets and in a year and a half I have seen about 12 total. That is with actively looking for them!
No one asks me about it so I guess I was going off that. I see a couple a year but my town has 3000 people so my only chance is when I go to a city once every 2weeks or so
Ashikabi is offline