View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #2138
Kostamojen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,071
Thanks: 217
Thanked 952 Times in 500 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeout View Post
?
You are running stiffer front springs. Any reason why? Thats normally not recommended, and will require significant swaybar changes to compensate which might also cause you to lift a rear tire and mess with your diff (unless you are running a fancy diff) causing snap oversteer (along with lots of understeer from the stiffer front springs).

It sounds like you are trying to run a stiffer front bar, which will just make even more understeer... I don't think that will work, but anyone else is welcome to chime in. I've had a little personal experience with spring rates vs. swaybars and trying to get the car to rotate.

If I were you and didn't want to spend any money, I would try swapping your front/rear springs if they are the same length/size. Its a free experiment that would take more effort than swaybars but cost less (unless you have fixed-rate shocks, but I'm guessing you have adjustable rates).

There are lots of threads about this, I would probably start here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9936
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote