View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #108
86kahl

Drives: whiteout, dark tint
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P86RAVES View Post
If you're feelings are hurt by my opinion there is nothing I can do about that. I'm giving an open opinion on the car, like anyone else here.

Owing a car that I feel is so bad does make me those things you mentioned, just as you enjoying the car makes you very happy and delighted. We're enthusiast, which means we more of an emotional stake in our cars than your typical "A to B" person. Maybe once I trade the car or sell it I'll think about it in the way one would divorcing a beautiful person, it will still be pleasing to see but I'll never want to be inside it again.

😂😂I have to say those last few lines were a spectacular use word play my friend.

Me? Hurt? Feelings? Not at all, I enjoy this car but not blissfully. I see the short comings but all things considered (sporty,affordable, decent mpgs..ect) it made sense in my situation.

I respect your opinion, and more so the right for you to express it. Even if I do poke fun around here, I mean no harm.

So the car has 200hp
So?
You need to climb a hill? Downshift and listen to it sing to redline
Brakes feel vague? Time for EBC/TRD pads
Clutch bugging you? A 12mm, some adjustment and it'll feel a lot better

I agree there are something (cabin noise, low slung seats, stiff suspension) that make it a less than ideal daily driver, but I wouldn't say it's a bad car, just more sports car oriented than a Corolla.
86kahl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86kahl For This Useful Post:
P86RAVES (03-17-2016)