Quote:
Originally Posted by techracer87
You can build a simple CAN device to read/write to the bus with a Raspberry Pi (Now built into the kernel from a software/driver stand point) or with an Arduino. Monitoring the channels is easy enough but trying to figure out who reads/writes what will be a large undertaking in organization and patience. But certainly possible.
I don't think many of your aftermarket ECU options will work because I don't think they allow 100% of all parameters to be configured when it comes to CAN. Most of them just allow the ECU to output data to a CAN bus, but I don't think you can configure the device ID to match the stock ECU to make it look like the stock ECU is still there. You can do that yourself if you are good enough at programming and building a microcontroller to do that for you.
I would suggest that the easiest way to do an engine swap is to approach it like a race shop would do. Simply strip out the original engine/trans and the wiring and put your own in. You can easily buy aftermarket gauges to replace the stock cluster. You can even hack the AC to work or simply replace it with an after market solution. I don't know how well the stock evap unit will work with another engines compressor anyway, so you might after to replace the whole thing no matter which route you take. I doubt the chassis electronics are all on the CAN network but even if they are they are always be re-wired with the existing switches and relays to do the same job.
|
Everything on the FRS/BRZ works off can......like EVERYTHING !.......What still works only works half ass as the system goes in to fail safe if the ECU bombs for safety reasons....I.e.power steering if your cruising .