View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 02:22 AM   #14
secret.squirrel

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
The start/stop button did get in the way slightly, but it wasn't really an issue. The only time it would be an issue is if you wanted to mount it really far forward so that the seat has a bit more clearance before it touches the master cylinder, but I'm not very tall and have my seat quite far forward and there's just enough clearance there.

The problem now is getting the hydraulic lines and calipers set up in a way that means I can keep ABS, keep a cable operated hand brake (not legal on the road here without one), and have the hydraulic hand brake working. Current plan is to use the rear brake caliper off a VW Golf that has both hydraulic line and cable operation built in to one caliper. This is because all of the mounting solutions I've seen for extra calipers require you to get rid of the stock parking brake drum system, so we need an alternative for the cable brake but also an extra caliper for the hydro hand brake to operate on without touching the normal rear brakes.
I did see your video on this while googling about for a hydro install. A dual cylinder setup would work beautifully, but I don't know how much space there is to install that. Maybe slightly behind the dash, relocating the start button somewhere and having the handle come through the trim there as shown in one of the pics above? How much space was there around the dash area when you had it stripped out?
secret.squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote