View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #119
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
The big advantage to B14's is that you can change the spring length and move the spring perch to preserve your desired ride height.

I assume you're slammed as low as you can go on the Bilstein ~8.7" length springs. If you use 8" springs like @kostamojan you would move the spring perches up to compensate and keep a similar ride height to what you have now, or potentially go even lower (which I couldn't even fathom). @Shankenstein is posting similar information in the post above mine as well.
Actually with these 8" springs I'm higher than I was with the stock springs. 7" springs might actually work better if the bumpstops are removed.

If I were to lower the spring perch all the way to the bottom, I would be MAYBE lowered 1" from stock with these 8" springs, just for reference. Right now I have the spring perches lower than I had with the stock springs and I'm still quite a bit higher than before.

As of right now, I'm trying to decide If I want to take the risky option or the expensive option... Risky being modifying the stock bumpstops to get a little more travel, or the expensive option is to run a camber plate like the Racecomp camber plates which lower the suspension a lot and would allow me to raise the spring perches and get more suspension travel.

Not sure what to do...
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote