Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #12
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Problem is, that suede/Alcantara can look tacky too. It's got that '70s van look that turns some people off (even if it's used in high end cars). I wrapped my interior bits in black brushed aluminum. Looks premium and wears well.
Agreed.

Theres someone on these forums that has been trying to sell their alcantara wrapped trim pieces for a long time now lol.

In my opinion, the designers spent a decent amount of time figuring out what works best. For me, I didn't like the silver trim, but I didn't want to stray too far away from what the original overall design was. So I wrapped anything that was silver in matte white (matches my car anyway). The matte looks better than gloss in my opinion, and fits in pretty well with the interior.

If you hate the radio/passenger dash trim, then I'd wrap that in something thats dark and matte. If you go aftermarket CF wrap, then get a matte one.

tldr; my opinion: stick to matte pieces only. replace/wrap stock trim thats dark with something else thats dark, and anything light with something else thats light. It keeps the overall theme together.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-25-2016)