View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #25
BRZoomTX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, car is finally home. Forgot to update this thread. Working with Rob @ ATS has been great.

The CX manifold, included CX 3" exhaust, intercooler, and intercooler piping are all still on the car. Turbo replaced with a ball bearing 5558. Greddy FV BOV and tial wastegate have replaced the included CX parts. The downpipe was modified with a 3" v-band flange to match the turbo, but is otherwise as CX shipped it. ATS fabbed up a custom 3" intake with a K&N filter to replace the poor CX intake setup. I've only put 3,000 miles on the car with this setup and so far, so good.

The poor MAF position has led to a not 100% smooth MAF curve in the tune, but we will be replacing the MAF pipe soon and retuning to fix that. The car runs and idles perfectly, this is mostly just a personal preference thing I'm wanting to fix. Otherwise I have nothing negative to say about the remaining CX parts. Everything is holding up well and exceeding my expectations. Dyno & bay shot below to show the remaining CX parts are actually being used since this forum hates CX so much.

Last edited by BRZoomTX; 03-29-2016 at 11:54 AM.
BRZoomTX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRZoomTX For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (02-24-2016), MagicMexican (03-28-2018), tCsonfrs (10-27-2016)