View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
philooo

Drives: 13' Scion FRS Track car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I actually have 2 race seats in my car, I mounted them using the 'planted seat base' and usual L shape recaro bracket.

It was a pain in the ass, because first the holes on the planted were not ligning up, and were not nearly as far back as I needed them. They would work fine with sliders, but considering the tight headroom with the roll cage I could not afford slider.

Then i have 2 Momo daytona seat, one is the base size, the other is an XL size, which is 1.5" wider. It was a total pain in the ass to try to adjust the side brackets.

Also the 'planted' system has some sort of sub-bar , but it is not located where it should be, it is very forward. So an adjustable sub-bar would also make a big difference.

I am looking forward to a better mounting solution!

Now I want to know , what is the main difference between the G-Speed mount and the VAC one ? I assume you guys purchased a set of VAC to check them out ?

Can you post exact dimensions for your mounts ? something precise so that we can check it if works for us.

I am personally quite interested to buy at least one set, may be two. Depends on pricing
Any early bird specials ?