Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
That is day to day stuff though. If deployed you would not be expected to get all that shit where you were going. It would be shipped for you. Not unless things have changed dramatically. Now mind you my last years were spent as Navy and an Officer so there was very little I had to lug around anyway so my experiences may no longer be accurate.
The high readiness thing is a bit different. A friend of mine at 1 CER was on it for something like 18 months. Basically you need to keep a bug-out bag (but of course it turns into your ruck, small pack, duffel bags and a barracks box) ready pretty much always.

Kinda like, get the call, grab your shit, drive to your coy/bty/whatever lines and gtfo

Edit: You probably had a bat boy for all that stuff, so it wouldn't apply to you anyhow

Edit again: @Lorico not sure about Ontario, but in Ab at least, it is illegal to drive around with loose stuff in the car. Not sure if it's only in commercial vehicles or not. But I was given a cargo net to Macgyver into the back seat of work truck so that all the loose equipment I carry around could be secured.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
S84kam (02-16-2016)