View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #887
solidONE
Senior Member
 
solidONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Location: California
Posts: 2,863
Thanks: 1,808
Thanked 791 Times in 611 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
me and wayno gave up on those modded pi\di tables and went back to pretty well stock except for changing high rpm axis to run full di till 7000.

to much weird stuff happened with fuel trims especialky with air con running not sure why but not measurable benifit in changing to those ratios for me
It does mess with the fuel trims quite a bit, but I think I have a handle on the change it makes. I will revert back to the old pi ratio map and see if anything changes in the knock corrections while I'm still on this tank of gas.

@steve99 I changed the PI ratio table to the original setting. No bueno... http://datazap.me/u/solidone/z6-og-1...=0&data=1-5-12

Although my butt dyno tells me the part throttle acceleration is less "crisp" compared with the maps with more DI. Smoother but throttle response is not quite as good and less eager to accelerate part throttle. Will stay on this map for a bit longer to see if it "settles in"

Also most of the knock correction being recorded is happening after 3200rpm so it's already 100% DI in those areas in all the different PI ratio maps. But, it does feel noticeably different to me at mid-high loads part throttle under 3200rpm. I need to see what happens once I run it harder.
__________________
Intent > Content

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.

Last edited by solidONE; 02-02-2016 at 12:54 AM.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote