View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #14
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Location: dallas!!!
Posts: 2,894
Thanks: 707
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arghx7 View Post
Post data on the timing and AFR. We need to address this with specifics rather than just with generalities and secondhand information. We don't know anything about the fuel trims or knock learning.
well that will come with time, the tuning companies dont have the access codes to the ECU just yet to start tinkering that means we cant see that type of data yet, to me seeing that tune, it just means my engines life will be longer than that of a manual car but even though we run richer we still get LOTS more fuel milage, if we run leaner, pull more timing, we will get even better fuel mileage(run leaner means less fuel ) and more power, best of bother worlds


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
With these new dyno plots and the gear ratio spacing differences ("double overdrive on the AT") I am really having second thoughts about an auto now. Granted, I still haven't driven the car, but the weight penalty coupled with all these detrimental AT issues is starting to make me think that unless I get this car in stick (which I can't due to practical reasons) it's not worth it. I'm a sad panda right now...
the auto is good but it isnt the true driving experience that the car was made for(FRS AT driver, came from a manual car before the FRS)
__________________

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote