View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 AM   #10
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,494 Times in 5,007 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Drive some cars that handle poorly, that have large amounts of body roll, unpredictable response to your inputs, vague steering and braking and unresponsive throttle, truly excessive under/oversteer. It's very easy to forget how much can go wrong when you drive this car everyday and it gets so much of it right. Poor handling cars leave you uninspired, take your confidence away, good handling cars give you confidence to push and explore the limits of grip, there's a ton of small factors listed above that can be debated endlessly but all that's important is that the 86 ties it into a neat little bow for most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
If you are understeering this car, you are driving it wrong.
So you're telling me that this car, off the showroom floor, with zero camber up front, doesn't understeer?

lol

Certainly a good driver can make it work (I didn't have the patience to figure it out) but it's not as balanced as it could be with some relatively simple adjustments. I don't think you're criticisms of OP are wrong but the massive difference in balance by changing one variable... I'll never go back.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Cole (01-22-2016), illmatic_frs (01-23-2016), Ultramaroon (01-22-2016)