View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 11:00 PM   #3
D18
Member
 
D18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 52
Thanks: 4
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I had to cut mine off with a Dremel, after about 8 hours of cursing, pain and a whole can of PB Blaster.

Use the Dremel to cut the nut fastening the end links in place. You should be able to do this with minimal to no damage to the struts, especially if you've managed to loosen it a bit already. If your really careful you can likely even save the end links enough to reuse again, but you'll definitely have to re-thread them a bit, as I don't think you can cut the nut off without a little damage to the threads. No big deal though.

I ended up installing Whiteline end links. I bought them with the sway bars, and lucky that I did, otherwise my car would have been sitting without sway bars for a while..
D18 is offline   Reply With Quote