86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
There are many overblown oil threads on the internet already and on this forum. But no one with the fa20 seems to really be discussing e85s affects on oil. Or at least i cant find it.
E85 consumes detergents and drastically reduces the oil change interval so its important to look at the tbn and a bunch of other stuff im not well versed in.

the following is internet hearsay;

Ive heard motul 300v doesnt deal with the acid well but 8100 xlite does.

Trd by motul is suposedly amazing in general but only has a tbn of around 7(pretty low add pack, but there are other factors that make oil good/bad for e85 im still a noob about)

Amsoil dominator and redline seem to work well but im pretty sure they are low on moly.

Mobile1s detergents are consumed quickly so mobile recomends mobile turbo diesel instead.

I have a gm fleet vehicle that has to have its oil changed every 2500 miles when its on e85 as per contract!

Local gtr guys tell me they use a similar oil change interval and have posted alot of uoa's.

Im going to try rotella turbo diesel oil on e85 and do a blackstone uoa after 2000miles and ill post it to this thread.

Anyone else have a uoa on e85?

Very interesting question - especially as I'll be adding a flexfuel kit in January!!

I wonder what the tuners have to say? (Went through the thread looking for someone like @CSGMike or @DeliciousTuning but didn't see their advice... I did get bored half way through so apologies if you guys have already answered)!