View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
twag4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: frs
Location: The depths
Posts: 749
Thanks: 355
Thanked 427 Times in 241 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I've run maybe 2 autocross events in my life, and 1 ProSolo.

For the entry fee, practice events are much more fun. Championship events usually have less seat time (especially if they are behind on schedule).

I do enjoy the seat time, however I prefer road race/track events.

-alex
Me too on real track being the best. But, it is a 200 mile drive to the nearest track. I road raced motorcycles (and motocrossed) when I was younger, but never actually raced a car. I just want to drive the piss out of my car without hurting anyone else or getting tickets- or worse. Autocross looks fun because I would be alone on the course, and wouldn't have to worry about paint trading. Just kinda short on drive time to me for $75. The relatively low speed of autocross seems much less likely for serious crashing though. I've been on the ragged edge at terrifying speeds on motorcycles, and believe it or not it seems safer than in a car to me. I know it isn't, but at least I can weight transfer and use my body to help control the bike. In the car- it is involved, but not in the same way. I like the speed on the track though, it doesn't scare me. I just lack a good bit of experience that I have on bikes. I may never autocross, but I need to at least go watch and see if it is something I want to try. Sorry about being off topic
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote