View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 05:03 AM   #11
FRS Justin

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
So what evidence do you have for us, since you've seen it by you own eyes? How many of these motors have you seen? So you've seen more motors blown than the entirety of the forum? So in your opening post you say 20psi on one turbo isnt the same as another, yet you still make that same assumption that psi is psi? LOL

Yeah, sure....

Everyone ALREADY knows that most mechanical failures(besides the tune/owner/heat) is due to the RODS(power), Bearings(due to oil starvation/heat) pistons(tune/power/heat), or head gasket(tune/power/heat), and for MOST engines in general. That is why a basic block build usually has those items. If you are building a motor and replacing the rods, usually you replace all those other parts....

But the number 1 reason(by numbers) was and still is.... THE TUNE. People do dumb shit all the time like raise boost without adding fuel, or just bad tuners who have no idea how to tune a Direct injection 12.5:1 compression engine with TURBO. Go find me some blown motors with a supercharger(at lower power levels) on an off the shelf tune with an oil cooler. No many, I would say it is hard to find. Edelbrock has a 30k(or 36k) mile warranty if you use their tune.

Reasons for boom.
1. Tune.
2. Owner, too much boost/power, too much heat(not enough cooling), not checking gauges, not stopping when it feels different, etc.
3. Cheap owner. Shitty parts/Bad install/no fail safe/bad fuel/no oil cooler.

If you have a good tuner, check the vitals/temps/oil pressure, drive well, and have good reliable parts... the reason for boom is-- too much power for what the engine was designed for. There is no reason for the factory to overbuild rods when the intention was to make NA power.
And lastly...
4. Rods, rod bearings, pistons, head gasket.

You should rephrase your theory.

"the number one reason a fa20 blows up, besides a bad tune, driver error, install error, or cheap parts.... is.... the rods, and usually from trying to make more power than the engine was designed for."

So what evidence do you have for us, since you've seen it by you own eyes? How many of these motors have you seen? So you've seen more motors blown than the entirety of the forum
come on man put your big boy pants on and act like a adault

So in your opening post you say 20psi on one turbo isnt the same as another, yet you still make that same assumption that psi is psi? LOL

Yeah, sure....

Are you saying Im wrong about that? Do you expect me to sit here and put all example for every turbo made? Really

Everyone ALREADY knows that most mechanical failures(besides the tune/owner/heat) is due to the RODS(power), Bearings(due to oil starvation/heat) pistons(tune/power/heat), or head gasket(tune/power/heat), and for MOST engines in general. That is why a basic block build usually has those items. If you are building a motor and replacing the rods, usually you replace all those other parts....

You are wrong people everyday ask for help where you been??

But the number 1 reason(by numbers) was and still is.... THE TUNE. People do dumb shit all the time like raise boost without adding fuel, or just bad tuners who have no idea how to tune a Direct injection 12.5:1 compression engine with TURBO. Go find me some blown motors with a supercharger(at lower power levels) on an off the shelf tune with an oil cooler. No many, I would say it is hard to find. Edelbrock has a 30k(or 36k) mile warranty if you use their tune.

Ive never scene a tune put a hole in a block what proof do you have on that theory...
Doesn't a low boosted s/c motor putting out 7 psi make less compression (kinda goes along with what Im saying huh less boost less pressure rod will live)
Edelbrock warranty lol

COVERAGE DETAILS

• Terms are 3 years (36 months) or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first – Time is measured from the vehicles original in-service date and the mileage is measured from zero (0) on the odometer

the reason for boom is-- too much power for what the engine was designed for. There is no reason for the factory to overbuild rods when the intention was to make NA power.

Didn't I basically just say that????

the number one reason a fa20 blows up, besides a bad tune, driver error, install error, or cheap parts.... is.... the rods, and usually from trying to make more power than the engine was designed for

Some people would argue with a fence post SMH
FRS Justin is offline   Reply With Quote