View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
zkahle

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
EZ-LIP Side Skirts Thoughts and Opinions

Living in the Austin area and owning a lowered FRS the first thing that comes to mind is bottoming out. Asides from adjusting your driving style and avoiding "trouble" spots around town, there is not much one can do to help minimize the aftermath of bottoming out. In an attempt to protect the underside of my car and the life of the clear bra that is also on the undersides of my car I decided to give EZ-LIP a try.

For those of you who don't know what EZ-LIP is, it is marketed as a universal lip kit for cars that offers added protection in addition to style. I was more interested in the added protection part of the product as such I decided to give it a try as side skirts before I went ahead and ordered one for the front of the car.

Unfortunately a lot on of people on this forum are quick to shoot down this product without actually giving it a try. To my knowledge I can not find photos of this product installed on the twins. As such I thought id give this product a proper review.

Installation
Installation simple (2/10) difficulty
1) Clean/wash your car
2) Clean the application area with isopropyl and a microfiber. Do not use other cleaners as they may contain residues that will compromise the effectiveness of the 3m tape on the lip.
3) Apply the adhesion promoter if your lip came with it...
4) Begin applying the product at one end of the desired area.
5) Apply pressure by running you hand over the 3m strip, and do your best to remove any air bubbles.
5)After installing the product to the desired area, run you hand over the length of the product one more time to optimize the adhesion of the product to your car.

...If it is colder that 60 degrees F outside the use of a heat gun is recommended to optimize the adhesion of the product.

Final Thoughts
After applying the product I was fairly pleased with the results. Considering each lip is $30 something, I had my doubts before applying it. Each lip took approximately 15 minutes to install. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the results. The lips looks identical to those "ebay" ABS plastic side skirt kits for less than half the price. Obviously, the EZ-LIP in not a product intended to compete with true aftermarket lip kits for our cars; however it does a great job of what it was made to do (protect our cars while providing some added style). In the end I am more than pleased with the results and plan on wrapping the side skirts with some pre cut carbon fiber film that EZ-LIP offers on their website. I also plan on purchasing another EZ-LIP for the front of my car to see if it just as nice as the sides.

Enjoy the pics
Attached Images

Last edited by zkahle; 12-09-2015 at 04:01 PM.
zkahle is offline   Reply With Quote