View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #111
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, the plan of getting a used head and building it with better springs fell through. Of the 4 used heads I found: one was listed twice and turned out to be damaged, I couldn't get a hold of the salvage yard of the second one, and the third when it showed up was from a FA20DIT. When I called the yard about the mixup they tried to convince me it was out of a BRZ and sent pictures of the car as if that meant something. The car was obviously flood damaged so I didn't bother to try and get the correct head from them.

At this point I had to look into other options. 1. build a new head, 2. buy a set of built heads. Pricing out option #1, building a single head and having a shop change the springs on the other, it turned out to be a significant portion of the cost of buying a pair of built heads. So I decided to go with the built heads.

Finally, they were delivered today:

Full Blown Motorsports Stage 2 heads.

Ferrea hardware including dual springs, titanium retainers, Comp Plus valves, seals, etc.

Shiny new valves. Exhaust valves at 1mm over-sized. Also FBM performed their "Competition Valve Job".

And a full P&P:

Exhaust.

Intake.

Can't wait to get these on! These, plus the Delicious 9.0 tune, should make for some pretty good numbers. Unfortunately, it will probably be Spring by the time I can get the car on a dyno.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Draco-REX For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (12-23-2015), smudge (12-04-2015), tinma (12-02-2015)