golfyankee2121
Always Moving Forward

Drives: 2013 Argento Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Slide View Post
Hi all,

Sorry, I know that these are rudimentary questions, but there is a ton of data to sift through and I wanted to hopefully get some quick answers since there is a time-sensitive deal going on now with OFTs.

I want to pick one up, and the price from Vishnu is $450+ shipping, but there are a handful in the classifieds going for $400 shipped right now as well. Is there any benefit to getting a new tablet over a used one? Are there any versions of the software/hardware that have changed? Since it's all open source, I assumed that they're all the same, but I don't want to buy a used one and get stuck with an outdated version or miss out on new maps/updates. Likewise, I don't want to overpay.

Also, I see that stage 1 is generic, and stage 2 is more specific. For a DD car, is stage 2 too aggressive? My only mods are a drop in, inlet tube, and UEL right now. Maybe an axelback/catback in the future.

Thanks for any quick help or guidance!
I picked up a second-hand OFT from a member here in the member classifieds and haven't had any issues. As far as I know, the tablet itself has not had any new versions, but Shiv has released many different versions (revisions) of the tunes, all of which are free to download from their website.

With your mods, definitely run the UEL Stage 2 tune (assuming your UEL header is catless). You will feel an improvement in performance for sure.

Shiv is going to be releasing a new revision of UEL Stage 2 tunes here pretty soon too and the dyno's he posted show some nice gains over the current off-the-shelf UEL Stage 2 tunes.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98151

Hope this helps,
-J.B.
golfyankee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to golfyankee2121 For This Useful Post:
FR-Slide (11-27-2015), Shiv@Openflash (11-27-2015)