Quote:
Originally Posted by thambu19
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to explain it. So with this changed we do not have to rescale the MAF for E85 if I am not mistaken.
From experience the MBT spark timing does not shift so much for E85 to command any attention. It is just the actual spark timing that shifts. Some OEMs have MBT spark timing as a table in the ECU which makes it easy for tuners to tune for E85 because you just have to make the Base spark = MBT spark.
|
No MAF rescaling needed - we have reasonably good fuel control, although a little more complex due to having DI and PI systems to understand, and there are a lot of compensations applied to these values which are not clearly defined.
Unfortunately MBT spark is not visible in the ROM that I can find. I assume Shiv's E85 NA ROM will be pretty close on the money and hopefully we get some more data on where MBT lies higher in the load range on boosted engines in the future.