View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
yayforaddison

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The wait for mine is now over :)

I got my MT whiteout yesterday morning just before work.

Ive been a member on here for some time now. Its very surreal to look out my window and see it finally sitting in the carport. With all these amazing reviews, I was wondering if it'd fully live up to all the hype. Not that I had any doubts, but some cars have amazing reviews and I totally don't see where they got them. I am still blown away, and I'm still in the brake in period. Love how connected to the road I feel. I don't know if I could get a better feel if I used my fingertips. For once, I'm kinda feeling like the hype from the reviews wasn't even good enough!

I've owned 12 cars now of many sorts, so I'll try and compare it to a few.
My 300zx's both had the adjustable bolsters, and the ones on the stock FR-S seats hold me in even better! I'm not moving in these seats!
The car reminds me a lot of my Rx8 tho. All the good that is. Love the tach dead smack in the middle. Sounds amazing even stock. Very connected to the road. Even the lines from the fenders resemble it while driving (The front fenders stick up a little and look awesome from the drivers seat, but looking back in the side mirrors, is orgasmic).
I think the best to compare a lot of stuff with, was my old Porsche 944 Turbo S. Obviously not power wise, but theres a ton of other things. Simple, elegant, yet very well put together. Once again, looking back in those side mirrors brings back so many memories from the 944, the lines are so similar. I feel very confident when taking corners. The dash is low. Everything is within reach. And there is just something there, that brings back that old feeling of the 944 I get when driving the FR-S.

Now one thing I noticed. I turned up the bass in the car, and well it sounded like poo. I couldn't turn the volume up very high without that nasty, I've reached my limit, kinda sound. Once I turned the bass down, it sounded great at pretty much any volume level, with pretty much about the same amount of bass. Weird...

Oh and the white, its much more pearly then I was expecting. Love it!

Well heres a couple simple pictures from today (June 6th.)

The dog is a Basinji by the way

Enjoy!
Attached Images

yayforaddison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayforaddison For This Useful Post:
ft86Fan (06-06-2012), Gaiakai (06-06-2012), LeavingNormal (06-06-2012), nix (06-06-2012), SioXie101 (06-06-2012), ydooby (06-07-2012)