View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3
 
Packofcrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Location: Monterey County, CA
Posts: 2,717
Thanks: 909
Thanked 1,262 Times in 810 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
I pull whole rim out from car, boil bit of water and dish soap, throw tire in small "child pool," until tire is 1/3 submerged and let it sit there for 5min or so, then scrub. Once scrubbed, I rinse with cold water and grab a normal garage towel, wipe tire dry and use a thick paperclip to pick at extra dirt on tire. I also scrub rim now. (I'm usually lazy on rims).

Once done, I dry, let it air out in front of my big fan and finally spray down whole tire with armor all super wet gel/spray.

Makes tire look brand new for over a month. I drive over 300 miles/week nowadays.

Also, I have only done this twice in 6 months. I get lazy on tires, but not waxing.
__________________
Got my TRD wheels and TRD louvers. Thanks!!!
Packofcrows is offline   Reply With Quote