View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #300
JB86'd
Senior Member
 
JB86'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: JAWS
Location: socal
Posts: 703
Thanks: 753
Thanked 437 Times in 224 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
While we're on the subject of leveling and fluid level, I just did a third change with Motul 300 in my transmission. I already had Motul, and it was fantastic the first time. I did a change about a month ago, and my gear engagement seemed more difficult and a lot less smooth than before. I thought maybe it was in my head, but also suspected that I may have overfilled it by a couple hundred ml.

So yesterday I put my car up on 4 jack stands, perfectly level. Drained the fluid while warm, and what do you know, I had 2.5L of fluid come out. I filled up with a fluid pump and made sure to put EXACTLY 2.3L of fluid. The difference is absolutely night and day. Shifting is easily 50% easier and smoother, and feels amazing just like it did the first time I put Motul in. I feel like some people who aren't impressed with Motul or any aftermarket fluid may be overfilling.

TLDR; I cannot stress how important it is to put exactly 2.3L of fluid in the tranny, with the car perfectly level.
__________________
JB86'd is offline   Reply With Quote