View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
harajukukei

Drives: MB c230k
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tokyo Auto Salon '11

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for awhile, this is my first post.

I was checking up on news from Tokyo Auto Salon '11, which is held in Chiba on 1/14 - 1/16, and noticed Subaru has announced a new exhibit called "Proud of Boxer" and will be showing many new concept models. Considering TAS is a major show for tuning brands and racing/drift fans, one would have to assume the 86 will be present. Let's just hope they open the hood for this one. If the car is truly going to be announced for 2012 production, there will probably be a GT500 track model and a D1GP model in the works. There is much to anticipate. Here is the translated except from the TAS website.

"Proud of BOXER"-SUBARU presents many new concept models!

"SUBARU is keen to promote the superiority of their BOXER engine. They are going to exhibit many of their new line-up, under the banner of "Proud of BOXER". They have announced their new brand "tS", for their own complete models last June, introducing Impreza WRX STI tS and Forester tS. At this coming AUTO SALON, the tS version of Legacy touringwagon concept model will be present at last! The more sophisticated drivability with specially equipped Bilstein dumpers tuned by STI and a flexible tower bar. Also Exiga tS concept and newly announced Trezia tS concept are present. You will see three new models at AUTO SALON! Further more, you will find the real racing models such as Legacy B4 GT300 and Impreza WRX STIs for Nurburgring 24 hours and Group N rally. Don't miss their annoucement for 2011 season at the show!"

I was at TAS in '09 and it was a fantastic show, if anybody is in Japan and can go, please be on the lookout and take lots of pics/video to share!
harajukukei is offline   Reply With Quote