View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #8
Vracer111
Senior Member
 
Vracer111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Location: In the desert...
Posts: 1,645
Thanks: 179
Thanked 1,246 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Any idea on how much weight it saved? That big mount thing that comes off the transmission looks like it probably weighs 5 pounds on its own.
I will weigh the remaining parts at work tomorrow, but I don't know what the CAE Ultra Shifter exactly weighs...CAE specs a complete weight of 1.05kg (which I'd believe because you pick up the box and think someone stole your shifter because it feels like it's empty. Shifter shaft is 7075 aluminum and the base is an Aluminum/Magnesium alloy). I would guess probably between a 2-3lb total weight savings, the CAE Ultra shifter assembly weight seemed about the same as the aluminum shift lever retainer yoke.
__________________
Had a '13 FR-S Asphalt 6spd manual (bought new 5/25/12, sold 6/10/20) but needed to let her go... she will be missed.
Vracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote