View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
ztan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Toyota 86
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 311
Thanks: 44
Thanked 363 Times in 145 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
So I bricked my ECU testing a routine that would read frequency over the ADC line. Didn't check my programming work thoroughly by running each step through HEW as I have in the past. Part of the routine made a bad call and sent my ECU into a loop as soon as the sensor scan routine is run (almost immediately).

Lesson learned with a new idea - it would be easy enough when testing any new routine to switch into it via defogger switch: if it hangs, the ECU will still communicate for a re-flash with defogger switch off.

Have a new ECU in from dealer recoded to my keys. Will resume this project when a suitable unbrick solution available - I'll start that thread.
ztan is offline   Reply With Quote