Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa1126 View Post
Yup. They said they're only getting one every three months.
According to Timothy Cain @ http://www.goodcarbadcar.net
U.S. May Sales of Subaru BRZ outsold Scion FR-S: 271-86.

Of course...it wasn't a "full month" of sales and supposedly June 1st is the "official" debut date. Will be interesting to look at the June stats (and beyond) to see how many of each model are coming over during this initial "allocation" period which supposedly runs to November. I think I saw that there are over 900 Scion shops at approx. 1200 Toyota dealers in the U.S. Probably around 600 Subaru dealers. If each Toyobaru dealer got one 86 car per month...that's approx. 1500 vehicles/mo. Annually, that's a 18,000 per year U.S. production rate.

I think Subaru initially estimated annual BRZ sales @ 6000 and I think Toyota FRS was around 10K for U.S. sales. And then we heard pre-order sales in Japan were like what? 4-7 times greater than anticipated? So, they were going to up the annual combined factory production rate to around 100,000 a year?

I suspect they are focusing initial production on their domestic market at this point. I doubt they can build 8.3K of these a month as yet to reach that 100K goal but, I bet we have a delivery surge later on this Summer as they begin to get their logistics challenges addressed. My dealer told me they could easily sell 150 BRZs. It's no wonder we see some of the sorry @$$ examples of the dealer mark-ups at the moment. People need to be patient...and, you lucky dogs that have your BRZs and FRSs...you are envied for sure!
Extreme86 is offline   Reply With Quote