View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #1344
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Let's not forget that it was Renault who headed up the engine change to the present configuration, threatening to pull out unless the specs were changed to the turbo V6's.

They made their bed, let them lie in it I say. V6's suck. They sound like crap, (unless they wanged out to 20,000-plus rpm's, where ANYTHING sounds good) and the turbos quiet them down too much.

They could have shown off "the world's top technology" (one of the main driving reasons for F1 right?) in many other ways, and still kept the wonderful, screaming, loud engines that has always been F1.

I sincerely hope Honda figures something out, or gets some spy information, or something that makes them more competitive next year.

The more manufacturers the better I say. Keep F1 from turning into an Indy car spec class.

Personally (and I think a lot of people and drivers feel this way) they should remove most of the rules, bring back the REAL race cars, with big noise and Huge power, and Huge tires (of many brands) and let everyone RACE!

Not watch fuel consumption, and tire management, and drivers not driving at their limits because of 20 different reasons that are holding F1 down IMO (watching fuel use and saving tires, keeping the drivers as more "monitors" than all flat-out drivers.

Refueling would be cool too. It's fine that they are now hybrids, but refueling has always been a part of racing.

The whole "keeping costs down" thing is BS, it costs more to transport the cars to one race in fuel than they ALL use in one season in the cars.

The rule could be made such that the engines were much cheaper to make, and still showcase the world's technology, and be Oh so much more loud and more powerful and exciting.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE F1, I just wish they'd taken it in a different direction.

OK, end of diatribe.
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike the snake For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (08-24-2015), Silver Ignition (08-24-2015)