Old 08-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #33
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiz22 View Post
Yeah I have a PM from him stating the entire package (harness + OEM parts) would come in around $1300 so that harness price point seems right
For the single temp conversion, the rest of the parts (servos and such) through amayama.com and some other sites, comes to about $200. The control panel is 360 or so new, and then you would need the harness. If you make it yourself can be had for 100 in parts, otherwise probably looking at a couple hundred to pay someone to do it. So, the single temp conversion should be doable for under 900.

I have updated my earlier post with new pictures and instructions on how I did the single temp http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...16&postcount=9.

One other thought occurred to me. If someone can figure out a way to control the cables which control the temperature and air flow direction on the manual A/C with the servos from the auto A/C, then you wouldn't need to take the dash out or any of that. The guy who built the harnesses originally said he was working on a product which would be plug and play single temp, but he never posted a followup (or got banned before he was ready to sell it).

Last edited by Chaetagnath; 08-08-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaetagnath For This Useful Post:
tiz22 (08-09-2015)