View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
My idea would be to not buy hydraulic ebrake, but use stock ebrake, with maybe just changing it's button to 'drift-button' (and removing mini spring behind it). Stock ebrake placement seems well fitting for such uses
If you really need parking brake a lot for frequent drifts/making up professional & drift car .. aren't they mostly with stripped to bare metal interior anyway?
If car is mostly daily driven one you ocasionally try to drift for fun .. i somehow noticed that in most cases i used accelwork/clutch hits/swinging car with inertia instead of ebrake pull, hence i put spring behind button back).
I currently use the stock ebrake with a drift button. Its not the "occasional try to drift" I'll be doing my 5th event. Not looking to have a stripped down drift car just yet. I've seen a few ideas on other platforms how people integrate a hydraulic ebrake without gutting their interior, however something like the center console on a 350Z is much different than ours.

I'm okay with the fluid resivoir being visible too, just don't want to tear everything up and have it look like shit.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote