View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 08:28 PM   #2
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,770
Thanks: 20,004
Thanked 8,346 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBRZ View Post
This is my first car running an externally gated turbo - prior they were all internally gated.

I have the bottom hose of the external wastegate connected to the pressure line from the front of the turbo housing, and the top of the wastegate connected to a boost controller.

The thing is that when I start the car up, the wastegate is partially open with exhaust billowing out the wastegate pipe. To my knowledge this is not supposed to happen until the proper boost is achieved in the system to push the spring up and allow exhaust pressure to escape. I'm thinking there is something wrong with my wastegate but wanted to pose the question here to make certain.
The top line is vented to Atmosphere. The boost controller goes to the bottom/side port.

The turbo pressure line goes into your boost controller.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote