View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
ajaxthebetter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ LTD 6MT
Location: Washington State
Posts: 217
Thanks: 442
Thanked 200 Times in 105 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Don't think you need touch up paint. I'm no expert on detailing, but buy a DA buffer and some scratch remover polish and go to town. Electric would be safest, as you are unlikely to burn through.

I recommend you look into optigloss. I did it myself after I purchased my car. Was afraid to do apply it, but it turned out well. It won't save you from anything major, but you can be at peace knowing bug guts and bird droppings won't bake onto the paint. Cost around 60 dollars and will last two years. Essentially an extra layer of clear coat that is about two microns thick. A clear bra, for example, is 8 microns, so you do get some pretty decent protection.

Someone else will have a much better answer for you, no doubt. But avoid touch up at all costs, haha.

Edit: I ordered from automotive touch up for my previous car, 2007 Lexus IS, and the match was flawless. Lexus is known for immaculate paint too, so I was astonished.
ajaxthebetter is offline   Reply With Quote