Thread: Is tuning safe?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #42
Cartman
Senior Member
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: GT86
Location: Texas
Posts: 329
Thanks: 79
Thanked 185 Times in 129 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
I see. So where did you get an ECUTEK tune for free?
And I guess "no tourque dip, noticeable increase in HP, and alleviating the stock transient timing bug" is "biggest pile of shit ever" - Noted.

I will redfine what "pile of shit" means in my dictionary.
You clearly don't know how ECUTEK works, all you need is a licence and you can flash any rom file. I downloaded the OFT tunes from OFT website, flashed it according to my mods and knocking and loss of power was all I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
What mods were done to your car?? Did you data log the stock tune? When I first picked up my OFT, my IAM was 0.7 and I was getting a lot of tip in knock (factory tune). Running the 93 tune from Shiv, the only time I get knock is if I am in stop and go traffic, and then smash the gas in a higher gear. IAM is 1.
Here is a log I took about an hour ago. Started in 3rd gear at 2700RPM shifted into 4th at 7200RPM.
**Ambient temp is about 72F, RH is 46% and 29.98"Hg**
http://www.datazap.me/u/dthissen/log...data=1-6-11-14
I have full exhaust done to the car, and manifold spacers, I have over 200 logs on my laptop, to get my car running as best as it can with a street tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Strangely there is nothing in your entire post history that even mentions that you used an OFT. Nor have we ever received a call or email from any actual customer describing the problems you claim. I have read posts from you insulting me which is cool. But in general, you sound more like someone with an axe to grind than someone who actually had a bad experience with a product. Thank you for contributing nonetheless.
I just used your OFT files and flashed them with my ECUTEK cable and dongle... not that hard.

When I first tried it was when a friend of mine loaded it with BRZedit and a tactrix.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote