Thread: Is tuning safe?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
CharmanderFR-S
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 2013 Lava Fr-s
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is tuning safe?

Hey guys im new here, and Ive been wanting to mod my car for a while now. when I got the car, I had the trd exhaust installed and it sounded great to me, however now it is losing some of the excitement I initially had. im looking for more sound, and after hearing the borla uel header I knew I had to have it! the only thing stopping me is that I want to have the power that goes with it, so I was thinking about getting a tune with it at drift office. to me it looks like the ecutek tune is one of the best options as it has such a wide variety of options, but the plug and play kits look good too! I want to do it right, and I think this will be the only mods I do for a while. other than the header, trd catback and the tune it will be otherwise completely stock. ive searched the forums for thoughts on this, but with so much info out there im just getting way overwhelmed! what do you guys think, should I just do the ecutek or would the plug and play be enough? I just want more power and that subie rumble! one thing that worries me about ecutek is that it voids the warranty. if that is the best option, id be willing to do it, but first I want to make sure the motor is alright to handle the new power and tune? I haven't really heard any problems where the engine warranty has been needed by anyone, but just wanted to ask around first before I throw that away. I need advise, sorry this is so long but I don't want to cause problems with my car! thanks for any advise!!
CharmanderFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote