Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by themajesticone View Post
I respectfully disagree.

So are these people (non OpenFlash employees) volunteering to provide support for team OpenFlash doing this for free? No compensation? Kudos to them and much appreciated for the community's sake to take on that load but that only solidifies a faulty business model in relation to support and ongoing customer service in my opinion. They won't hire more staff to do what forum members are doing for free? Maybe I am wrong

For example, steve99, that guy has provided so much thorough content in specific places for people to understand and learn. Did he get compensated? Maybe he enjoys doing it for free and does not care...

Principally, however, I would structure some things differently.
Imagine if the hood of your car was welded shut. All service must be provided by the dealer/factory. No modification allowed. No upgrades. Your car is an appliance. That's what locked tuning was like before companies like OpenFlash. You pay for a single tune, you run it. If you want some modification to the tune you pay the tuner again.

No offense, but you don't seem to understand the business model.

Shiv's OpenFlash tunes are not locked. His primary business model doesn't revolve around selling tunes (like a typical tuning house). His revenue is generated by selling the hardware that allows people to tune their own cars. Try to understand this. He provides base OTS tunes. Guys like the awesome @steve99 can be considered "non-certified" OpenFlash "tuners". Steve chooses to give them away instead. Good on him. If anyone should be paying guys like @steve99 it should be people that choose to use his tunes and tune mods.

This is no attack, but I feel the need to say this to you. I have refrained from posting directly to you because you seem to comment strongly about a lot about things you have very little first hand knowledge of. I don't know why you feel the need to engage in discussion this way. That's why you're the only person I've ever not given a test drive in my car upon asking. Your motivations don't seem to be true and I don't know why.

Last edited by DAEMANO; 06-25-2015 at 07:04 PM.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Apoc (06-25-2015), Bader (06-25-2015), IBill4You (06-25-2015), Shiv@Openflash (06-25-2015), tyrantcf (06-25-2015)