View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennlistuser3 View Post
Hi,

I was looking to buy a Scion FR-S and I test drove one last Saturday. It was low mileage (11k) and manual transmission. I loved the car a lot, but the gearbox made this strange rattling sound at RPMs above say 4000. Also, I noticed the small emblem on top of the gearbox seemed to be lose as if someone took it off. I'm sort of suspicious someone worked on a problem with the gearbox. The CARFAX is spotless clean though. Any idea about this problem?
WELCOME to the forum, rennlistuser .......

A few folks have commented on that emblem coming unglued and making noise. The suggestion was made to just pop it off and glue it back on.

Does the "strange rattling sound", sound like a lose piece of plastic OR a deeper, heavier sound ... ??

Dealer or private seller .. ??


humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote