Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutbob
This. If the bolt holding the endlink to the swaybar or the bolt holding the endlink to the strut/coilover is loose, you'll get clunking when there is an uneven load on the swaybar. A case where this can happen is when you are entering a driveway and one side of the front suspension becomes loaded while the other is not. In this case there is the most extreme load on the front swaybar and if the endlinks aren't REALLY tight, you can get clunking. I've encountered this problem more than once on my car. It is a good idea to check the nuts on the endlinks from time to time as they may come loose even if you tightened them properly during the initial install. I've also found that depending on which endlinks you are running, it may be necessary to put a 3/8" fender washer on both sides of the mounting point for the endlink to get them to snugly tighten up.
|
It cant be this. I tightened with hex key and wrench. The next time i used an impact wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
I also had a clunking noise - on stock suspension plus Raceseng cascams dialed for max camber. I contacted Raceseng and they said they had a production run of bolts (the 3 top mounting bolts) that were too long. As a result, the spring perch was hitting up against the bottom part of the bolt and causing the clunk. I should mention that Raceseng was very responsive and sent out replacement bolts and spring perches the same day. I would measure one of those bolts and shoot it over to Raceseng to see if that's your problem.
|
i had a problem getting 2.6 camber in my alignment and it was because of that issue. I too got replacement bolts. I dont know if maybe something else could have got damage during the alignment as they were trying to set it. I doubt it but i am not sure what to look at.
I check every bolt. Next day off i guess i will swap on oem top mount and see for sure...