View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #6331
CK_Bladesmith
Senior Member
 
CK_Bladesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Raven FR-S
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 335
Thanks: 372
Thanked 95 Times in 75 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshearer View Post
I have the Sprintex intercooled system (Delicious 8.83 tune on 94 octanefuel with 69mm pulley, full header back exhaust) and I am also having issueswith low RPM WOT hesitation. If I go WOT in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gears below3,000 RPM the car bogs/hesitates, sometimes a coupleof times then takes off. If I only go WOT north of 3,000 RPM it seems ok. Alsoit is worst when cold. I took off the SC elbow recently and replaced theplastic fittings with brass and used a good thread sealant. It felt slightlybetter but still hesitates/surges going to WOT @ low RPM. I also had the enginesmoke tested with no leaks detected. I am not sure what to do next and anyadvice would be helpful. From what I am reading some have this problem andother don't. Not sure if it could be fuel related. Are there any Ecutek toolsto help diagnose these issues? Has anyone else solved this problem and if so, how? Isthis just the way it drives (do I have to always be at 3,000 RPM + before goingWOT?

I had this exact same problem until I switched to moto-mikes tune. With delicious tune 8.83 while cold, the car is basically undrivable unless you just WOT everywhere. Once warmed up it still has a huge dead spot in the pedal, and by dead spot I mean: you push the gas to accelerate at a moderate pace and it just doesn't go until you mash the gas. With moto-mikes tune, when I press the gas the car just goes. Is there still some hesitating with mikes tune? Yes, but at least it doesn't feel like the engine is trying to escape, and it goes away very quickly.

I was very hesitant to spend more money on another tune but in the end I'm glad I did. The car runs much better and instead of 19.4 average MPG I get around 22 in town.

I'm in no way trying to bash vendors, but with each new delicious revision, it just gets worse for me. BTW I also have no vacuum leaks of any kind. If you want your innovate kit to run like a stock car I'd suggest @moto-mike. He's definitely ahead of the game.

Cheers.
__________________
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote