Old 05-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #14
SuperDave

Drives: DAT Rally Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-P View Post
The Sports-i for regular highway use can be set from full soft to about 1/2 way up the adjustment settings. I generally like to keep things comfy and near full soft or 0-4 clicks up on front and 0-2 clicks up rear still tends to retain good balance while staying compliant over bumpy surfaces of LA.

As for specific setup in motorsport use, the settings will vary on the tires being used (including the sizes, compound, pressures, and adhesion levels for the venue and conditions), and ride height set, as well as your driving preference. For general setup, you can start with 50% damping on your shocks, and in most cases it is somewhere near this unless you are using super high grip R compound tires, or negotiating a particularly fast raceway where you want stability more than agility, in which case you can opt to over-damp the springs by going higher...

Remember to turn all the way up clockwise till it stops, then click your way back each time you make an adjustment. It is good for the screw mechanism of the valve as well as click-stop bearings to rotate it, and a good habit so you are absolutely sure you have the right setting and starting point of measurement is consistent. For the FRS unit, 36 clicks back front is full soft, and for the rear 24 clicks back to full soft.
you mention the fr-s unit, is there a BRZ version of the sports I? because i thought it wouldn't matter. i got the fr-s version.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote