niceguy21
Socal Valley 86 Member

Drives: 2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 & Scion FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ハチロク View Post
I just started work on my sub enclosure. It will be a 12" sub enclosure and I'm making it out of fiberglass. I just finished the first step last weekend so I'm posting my progress so far.

First I started with a rough tape outline like a crime scene lol. It should fit nicely in the corner and not take up too much of the trunk. Hopefully I will still have enough usable trunk space...

I cut out a piece of cardboard to get an idea what the front of the enclosure will look like. I am going for sort of a simplified version of the one from this link http://www.official-automotive.com/i...catch%C2%A0up/

I masked off the area with layers and layers of masking tape and tin foil. I went a little crazy here because I didn't want anything ruining my trunk.

This is after one layer of fiberglass. I used a lamp to help it cure faster. It's not really a heat lamp but it gets pretty hot.

more layers... I think I did 2 to 3 layers before removing it from the trunk.

I did a few more layers outside of the trunk.

more layers... It took a lot more resin than I thought. I had to make a trip to the store to pick up more because I ran out.

after letting it cure for a day I cut out a rough shape.

plan to work on it again some time next week. I will post my progress if anyone is interested.
Looks good so far! Keep it up, love seeing people create their own stuff. 👍
niceguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote