View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
spatcha88

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SOLVED: Idle Dip only when coming to a stop?

Hey guys having this weird issue for the past month now. Past 2 mechanics can't figure it out. As I'm coming to a stop my car shakes a bit and rev vips about 100-250 rpms then goes back to normal after coming to a complete stop. This happens during start up and goes away after 15/20 minutes of driving. I just redid my spark plugs/coil packs and have 41k miles. It almost feels like a vacuum leak of some sort. Anyone have any idea on what I should look for?

Edit 04/16/2015:
So I took the Intake Hoses out and saw the throttle body had a shit ton of gunk in it. Outside of butterfly spacer and inside.. Seems like the gunk was literally at the rim of the butterfly and may have been the culprit. I sprayed MAF cleaner and wiped it clean and let it dry off for an hour. She is purring like a god damn kitten now baby! I'm glad I managed to fix this myself without throwing more money at a mechanic / dealer. I just hope the problem doesn't come back. Will keep you all posted in a hundred miles! BTW Warning: Please be FRIGGEN CAREFUL when cleaning your TB.

Last edited by spatcha88; 04-16-2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: solved
spatcha88 is offline   Reply With Quote