View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #8392
ImBatman
My Tumbler is an FRS
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: exclusively in the fast lane
Location: somewhere down in TX
Posts: 132
Thanks: 180
Thanked 109 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So I've read through a decent amount of this absurdly long thread, but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for... I'm hoping someone can chime in or point me in the right direction. My generation is lazy, what do you expect?

Have we seen numbers for the max gains we can expect from adding the ESC to an otherwise maxed out NA 86? I'm talking headers, tune, E85, intake, etc...

The closest I've seen is in the first page with this user's mods:

"2013 FRS 6MT with DUAL dump pack
Mods:
TQ250 with dual dump
OpenFlash Tablet
OpenFlash Header
Single tip cat-back
Modified air duct
93oct (although the it's mapped conservatively enough to make the same power on 91oct)"


The dyno showed 217HP/195TQ on that one, but I'm wondering what that would look like with E85.

I've also seen the dyno below it with this info:

"Open Flash Tablet E85 and 91 Octane:

Green and Blue line - Open flash tablet tuned ESC TQ250-24v, E85, Front pipe and catback"


He showed impressive gains, as well, at 223HP/201TQ, but it doesn't look like that guy had headers.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a setup that is a combination of the two aforementioned cars... the "best of both worlds" type situation.

I'm picky... I know.

Either way, I love how much torque this system adds down low... which I feel, personally, is just what this car is lacking from the factory.
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote