|
Old post but didn't want to start a new thread.
My issue is similar, but my conditions are a bit different.
The sound appears to be a result of the ECU holding the acceleration for a split second, causing the clutch to slip during disengagement. It does not happen when the car is cold (when the RPMs drop quickly). Also does not happen at high RPM since ECU also drops the revs quickly.
This happens for me when I shift below 4K rpm, most pronounced at 2K-2.5K, when the car is warmed up.
If I push in the clutch too quickly at 2-3K RPM (even after letting go of the accelerator completely) the RPMs may jump up slightly. I have to wait a millisecond or so at lower rpms to prevent this noise, which may result in a slight jerk as the engine braking commences.
Upshifting only, no issues on downshift. Does not happen if car is already engine braking.
To be clear, the sound is a result of the clutch pedal actuation (disengagement specifically), NOT the shift itself.
I figure this may just be a normal sound, but I haven't heard it before on other cars. Anyone else experiencing this?
|