Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,465 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaru View Post
To answer your 1st question:

Yes. For me, the 210 is perfect. It has that initial response that I loved and wanted to keep with the car. I do a lot of back road/mountain type daily driving, so it just made the most sense compared to a turbo. Budget wise, it was worth it as well. I paid a little under 4k for the kit, installation, and dyno tune. Most turbo kits cost more than that just buying the kit itself, which gives me more room in my budget for supporting mods. As far as dyno numbers are concerned, that doesn't matter in my particular case. They're an excellent tuning tool to dial in your vehicle, and great for showing where a particular setup is making its power. As far as simulating real world driving dynamics, they're useless.

2nd question:

If you mean have I drove a turbo FA20, then no. However, having experience with cars that had properly sized turbo setups in the past, it wouldn't be for me. As stated earlier, I see a lot of roads with sharp hairpin turns, attend autox events, and majority favored daily driving that can give me a linear powerband from a real low RPM punch when I need it. These were big factors in my decision as I felt a PD S/C outperforms a turbo setup given these variables.

All of that being said, you should still take it with a grain of salt considering my views are highly subjective in this case.

If your driving habits fall in line with mine, I would suggest the Sprintex. If you plan on running road courses with fast sweepers, do a lot of highway pulls on a daily drive, and/or concerned with dyno numbers, then a good turbo setup would be right up your alley.
Wow great response. Thank you very much.
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote