carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
The one negative thing for me are the tires. They are going to have to go. I actually think they border on being unsafe on anything other than a dry pavement.

As noted above, it's been raining here. Even with nothing turned off, I have already slid the back-end on 3 separate occasions in the 80 miles I've driven it. it happened in corners where there is a layer of water. All it took was a little bit of throttle while in the turn and the back end started to slide out.

Note that none of these events were attempts to do so. The first time I was completely unprepared for it. The car is predictable and pulls right back in, but frankly I'd be concerned about letting someone else drive the car in weather or when there is water on the ground.

I'd be interested in any others that have seen this.

hmm interesting, you must have a lot of roads that are grooved or asphalt, stock tires are going to be dedicated drift tires once the car is broken in

currently looking for a set of 17 inch steelies to mount them on 60 bucks for a set of spares at the junk yard lol she wont be pretty but itll do, plus if i pop a tire i dont want a nice set of rims all messed up, plus they make great winter rims for snow tires

dont mean to blow up your thread

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote