View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
j_Zer0

Drives: Asphalt FRS 2014
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have this exhaust on my FRS. It was a dealer - installed option. I was initially disappointed that it wasn't a catback, but I've grown to appreciate it and I've decided I'm completely happy with it. The sound is nice. A subdued bass - filled hum at idle and a decently throaty growl at WOT. Decibel range is just right for me. There won't be any performance gains from just an axleback, but then again there isn't much to be gained from a catback (1 - 3 hp). I can't speak to the installation since it was a dealership upgrade, but I'd think a good shop should do it for $100 max. Since you're still stock (I think) I'll point out that you can get the Borla catback for around $750 on Amazon, which may or may not be attractive depending on the price of the axleback. If it tells you anything though, I'm happy with mine and I doubt I'll ever go to the trouble or expense to swap it out.