Thread: Ottawa FR-S
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
Slick

Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My best description of how the car felt when I drove it can be summed up this way: It is the 4 seat Miata we all have wanted, but better.

It really does everything a sports car should do, quite well. The gearbox is the same as the Miata and RX-8, but feels better. The suspension is firmer and planted, with less roll than a Miata, but the ride is not harsh or jarring. The low centre of gravity really makes this car feel stable and communicates everything back to you. Steering is great and precise. The engine has a good amount of power and nice torque. I dropped it into a higher gear (3rd I think) and at 1500 it was able to pull up into the normal range without lugging.

The RX-8 has a superb chassis and was easily the best handling car I have driven to date. From my 10 min test drive, I think we have a new winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normancw View Post
I'd be interested in more details on your comparisons of the FR-S to the Miatas, RX-8, and Genesis Coupe. I had a 92 Miata, but have never driven an RX-8 (too expensive new and maybe too unreliable used) nor a Genesis Coupe (too big for my wife).
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote