View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I admit I'm torn. On the one hand, it's nice that people assume it's a much more expensive car than it is. At least that means the styling isn't terrible, and it does look 'nice' to others too.

HOWEVER, every time I get into a discussion about it, I wind up trying to find a way to work the cost of the car into the conversation, because I don't want people to think it's super expensive and that I'm a) living beyond my means, or b) making a shit ton of money when I'm not.
I met up with friends the other day that I hadn't seen in years, and they were enamoured with the car. We went to a diner for lunch, and when the bill came, they jokingly said, "he's got the nice car, he should pay for everyone!" At least I hope it was a joke, but I got the sense they were partly serious. I'm probably just over thinking it, but there ARE people who have flatly asked how I can afford it, so now I assume everyone thinks that. I don't really blame them. They aren't all car people, so all they see is a presumably expensive sports car...
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote