Quote:
Originally Posted by feldy
Call tire rack you noobs. I got some of the first v2s this year and I had to call. They were not listed. Just call!!!!!!
|
So I called Tire Rack.
Tire Rack don't have any 225/45R17 RS3 tires in stock at the moment, but they are taking pre-orders for when they get another batch. They remove the tire size from the site when they don't have a good sense of when that tire will come back in stock and will re-add that tire size to the catalogue once Hankook has confirmed that the tire is being manufactured.
It is possible to get put on a "call ahead" list for a particular tire, so that when it is going to come back in stock you will receive a call for the opportunity to order some, which I think is great customer service from TR.
It appears Hankook tool up for a limited number of tires in a production run size and then move onto other sizes. They will make another batch when they see enough demand. One way to increase the production run quantity may be to place pre-orders on the tires to demonstrate that they are in demand. I'll try and find a more concrete answer to that theory and respond back in this thread if I am able to do so.